As you probably noticed, it is not possible to transfer songs from iPhone to PC
Indeed, iTunes does not allow to import music from iPod to Computer
On this page, I will show you how to copy music from iPhone to library
Let’s get started !
Transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes
To copy songs from iPhone to library, you will need an additional software
I will use here, because it’s the only application I tried so far that did not fail a single time, in spite of my exhaustive tests
And I guess you don’t want to take any risk of erasing your music while transferring iPhone songs to iTunes
There are actually two options to Sync iPhone to library
All automatic transfer Music from iPhone to iTunes
Importing music from iPhone to Computer couldn’t be easier than with this procedure
- Start by downloading the latest version of the application from Download.com
- Double-click the icon of the program upon complete download for installation and then double-click the shortcut created on your Desktop
Wait for a couple of minutes till all iPhone songs are copied to library and Voilà !
All iPhone tracks have been imported to iTunes
And a great bonus !
In addition to the backup of your iPhone, the program copied your iPhone library to iTunes !
This solution allows to save iPhone playlists, ratings, play counts and all personal data like artwork, podcasts, videos, etc to iTunes and to rebuild an iTunes library from iPhone !
For more information on the iPhone content you can import from iPhone to PC to recreate your iTunes library, check this page: Import playlists, ratings, play counts, personal settings from iPhone to iTunes
Manual transfer songs from iPhone to iTunes
This option is for the ones who like to fine-tune the way their songs are transferred from iPhone to library
It allows to
- Filter the songs you want to copy from iPhone to machine by Artist, Album, Genre,…
- Fill iTunes missing tracks with iPhone songs
- Create new folders according to the songs Name, Album, Artist, etc, upon full iPhone transfer
- Adjust the way track names are generated when songs are transferred from iPhone to iTunes
- Select the personal settings you want to import from iPhone to library (Play counts, ratings, album covers,…)
- Select the data to be synchronized from iPhone to PC (Playlists, videos, podcasts, subscriptions,…)
Select the songs you want to copy from iPhone to iTunes by clicking the check boxes next to them
Notice: you can also select the items to be transferred by Album, Artist, Playlist, etc
Notice: you can click instead if you only want to backup iPhone to Laptop / Desktop and not import songs to the library
- For iPhone to Computer backup settings, you can keep the default copy options…
- …or adjust the iPhone to iTunes transfer settings…
- …or the iPhone to library backup preferences
- When you are ready for the iPhone into iTunes import, hit
- Now click to start the syncing your iPhone to iTunes
As for the All automatic song transfer from iPod to iTunes, wait for a while until your iPhone Music is transferred to PC
When all iPod tracks have been copied to the library, it’s time to control if your playlists and other data have been correctly recreated from your iPhone
If all iPhone Music is properly transferred to library, you can proceed with the synchronization of your phone with the computer library like you always did
With this tutorial, you are able to completely rebuild the iTunes library and playlists from your iPhone, iPod Touch or any other Apple iPod model
Including all metadata: play counts, ratings, video, podcasts, subscriptions, album art, etc
Once your iPhone is fully imported to iTunes, you are able to synchronize your iPhone with your library, like you always used to !
Feel free to share your thoughts and hints by leaving comments